Tuesday, April 26, 2005

ELEVATED uneasiness.

I always feel uneasy in an elevator in the company of an unknown person, not persons. It's not that I am afraid or something, I just am uneasy. I do not stare at the person (Yeah right, try doing that and dial emergency after that.), I do not talk to myself, I do not tell myself "Don't worry he/she won't attack you". I just feel uneasy. And here I must admit, I am all the more uneasy if it's a girl in the elevator. All I do is either look down or keep looking at the elevator door, hoping the elevator moves faster. The worse thing is, the elevator in my office, its excruciatingly slow and the office is on the 5th floor (UK style. US Style it would be 6th). From the basement car parking? Make that 7th.

What are your thoughts? Do you feel comfortable in the company of a single stranger in an elevator? Do your thoughts remain pristine?

Are there any other things which make you uncomfortable? Do share your thoughts.

3 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hmmm, yes, I know what you mean about strangers in elevator. Too small a space to share with a stranger.

I get really uncomfortable. Shy.

11:03 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

Nice to know I am not alone in this world feeling uneasy about it.

1:06 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I think the internet has done some positive things for human beings.

It has achieved what I call 'blogalisation'...sharing of thoughts, ideas, cultures, crossing so many borders.

Otherwise, we'd still be like people in elevators. Uneasy. Shy.

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home