Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Child is the father of man.

"Mummy," my daughter slides across the bed to my wife while watching some song and dance routine from some Indian movie and whispers in her ear though there is no one else in the house, "I have a question".

"Yes?"

"Will I have to dance around like this after marriage too?"

High time Indian producers and directors thought about the stupidity of it all.

Second incident. This happened sometime early last year. I had gone to pick up my daughter from her school and had hid behind a bush. I could see her and her few classmates peeping through the window waiting for the final bell to go off.

In the afternoon after lunch, I asked her, so why were you looking out of the window? Were you looking for me?

"Yes, you were behind the bush, isnt it."

"Nope," I lied.

"Then how did you know I was looking out of the window?" pat came the question.

I was zapped. One of my proud daddy moments.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! she's intelligent...
Very filmy yaar!!

Children of this generation are really smart!

1:06 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I love that little girl!

Children are such an absolute joy.

I've heard of people who don't like children. And this baffles me completely.

3:39 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

Thanks Lavannya.

Yep GG. Children are absolutely adorable. Wonder how can people not like them, but then there are people who dont like Mangoes either ;)

4:03 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I must read Lavannya's blog this weekend, so much happening there.

My cousin in law, he adores his 4 children so much, he talks about them until [he says] his co-workers eyes glaze over. hahaha...

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home