Monday, June 27, 2005

The long and short of it.

Beautiful weather!!!!

What was I doing this day last year?

Checking the calendar, it was a sunday. And back then I was in a terrible company doing a terrible job, working on the weekends. I must have been sitting in the office killing time.

What was I doing this day two years back?

It was a Friday. I have no recollection of it.

Though the last one that I can remember "this day that age" kind of a thing, is June of 1975. I was 3 months in my mother's womb playing happily, oblivious of this world :).

How time passes! We can account for each minute as it is passing by and when it has passed we forget it in a hurry. And as the months roll on and years pass by, we can not recount even the days. Time, so small and yet so big.

4 Comments:

Blogger Icylyrics said...

The most amazing thing about the whole concept of time is that it holds us in this miraculous circle of events, and at the same time never stops moving. This time last year, I was contemplating writing a book, now the book is done and I think back to all the other crap I had to 'endure' while time passed, and I still refused to stop cause time was not gonna beat me at its lil tricks...wow, I think you just inspired me...

7:56 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hi Icy, Hi Anoop...I'm trying real hard to remember this time last year.

I have a tendency to remember details, from way back, little things, like the time I discovered light shining on glass, as a child...

For some reason I don't see my world in terms of time. I always see it in terms of moments, events, people, places.

11:37 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

I agree with you GG. But then we all see life in terms of moments. We remember moments, we remember events, people, places... No one remembers TIME. And yet time it is that always moves on.

Hi Icy.... congrats on the book. Time to start work on another one ;)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Icylyrics said...

Hi thee Anoop, GG. That's deep thinking of time as a moment, not as an actual 'increment of time'. Wow. I too think of specific things that happened at specific times, I wonder if the amount of time we spend thinking about 'things' affects how much time we'll be here...Never mind, Im sure that sounded pretty retarded. Yes, as soon as Untainted Interpretations hits the shelves, the new book will be about halfway done....Im praying, yall have a blessed day.

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home