Tuesday, April 26, 2005

North East West South, dont open your mouth.

Aishwarya Rai will be attending the Cannes film festival fourth time in a row.

That was in the headlines of one of the news channels. Geez. Can the news channels atleast get their priorities right? Yes I do not like Aishwarya Rai as an actress, and I think she is pretentious (Okay I can afford to be judgemental atleast this once, can't I?) who is trying very hard to break into Hollywood, but I would not mind it if it were in the news headlines of some entertainment program. There are far more important things to cover than this for news channels.

And talking about News channels, lets see which ones do I like?

NDTV ---- Right now the best in India, and can be compared to any news channel in the world. Only good one from India.

Headlines Today --- Decent one. Way to go.

CNN --- Highly biased.
BBC --- Just a bit better.
MSNBC --- Best of the lot (CNN, BBC, MSNBC)

India TV --- Pathetic. Sensationalist journalism.

Aaj Tak --- 3rd grade and I can't stand Prabhu Chawla doing a Tim Sebastian. He fails so miserably besides talking more than the guest. Highly capricious, in a wrong way.

ZEE TV -- Lets not talk about it.

What are your views? What do you think should be the essential ingredients of any newsfeature? Which programs do you like the most?

1 Comments:

Blogger annush said...

I think that generally the news only cover bad news and there are plenty of those to report. I don't care if Aishwarya Rai is going to Cannes (though I think she is gorgeous), and I don't care if Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are gettting it on. If you are a newschannel, show me the news!!!!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home