Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Ahhhhhhhh it feels great

well... nice break I had.

Who did I think I was? Superman. When the mercury shot up to 44 deg C, I was bicycling around. Trying to be another Lance Armstrong, eh? Mirror, mirror on the wall.....

So I got what I deserved. Dehydration and cramps and a mild fever. Well but I like to get sick... can someone dig up the name of the phobia for that for me please?

Anyway, I really wanted to take a break. I just did not want to be online. Watched some gorgeous movies(!!!), yeah thats talking like a character from any of the Jane Austen's novels. Cold Mountain, I liked very much. I do not know how the video libraries or IMDB classifies it based on the genre. What the heck... let me check out.

And IMDB says.... Genre: Drama / War / Romance (more)

Well to me this is really a romantic movie and perhaps the best I have seen. I know there are so many like Gone with the wind, Casablanca, Shop around the corner, City of Angels, Sleepless in Seattle, When Harry met Sally so on and so forth, but when it comes to romance, Indians, Indian novels and Indian movies are way too ahead of Hollywood stuff. Ofcourse minus their song and dance routines. Indians are not just emotional, they like to be emotional too and perhaps like to be emotionally handled too, which perhaps is not such a good idea. But then who am I to pass the judgement? So what was I talking about? Oh yes, the movies. So those movies are very good but they are not extraordinarily brilliant, definitely not when I have seen some brilliant Hindi movies on romance. But Cold Mountain, that's my kind of romance. I am not sure if I have seen any other romantic movie even in Hindi that touches it. Pyaasa? may be.

Beau Pere was another movie which I saw and though I know French as well as I know the language spoken in Alpha Centurii galaxy, it was a good movie.

On that note, I resume my blogging.

P.S. - Thanks Annush. She is doing very well now. :)

And Ciona, I am a little dumb, dumber than Jim Carrey.... oh he is really dumb. Which novel? "The life of Pi" or "The Namesake"? anyway, happy reading.

6 Comments:

Blogger annush said...

:)

1:35 AM  
Blogger Ciona said...

Hi! The Namesake . . . that's the one I have but have not read yet. I have heard good things about Life of Pi, too, though.

You spent some time in Africa?

2:59 AM  
Blogger Ciona said...

Hi! The Namesake . . . that's the one I have but have not read yet. I have heard good things about Life of Pi, too, though.

You spent some time in Africa?

2:59 AM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

Nope.... One of my dream destinations. My uncle has lived there and I have seen the pics and the videos. Australia, South America, South Africa thats the order.... Would not mind Antarctica and the space either ;)

3:06 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Australia is amazing! So's Jamaica. So's America. I think I have itchy feet and love to travel.

Right now, there's a Russian film festival on here...I saw two of the movies. Brilliant. One of them, 'Fate of a man' is bleak, dark...but absolutely brilliant. And a tear jerker. Grown men in the audience were wiping tears.

6:39 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

America is beautiful. I have lived in NY and Maine. And they both are beautiful, specially Maine.

Russian movies are pretty good. So are French movies. And do watch BLACK. It's an awesome movie. Never has such a movie been made in the history of Indian cinema.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home