Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Silent moments.

There was a silence, an almost numbness in the air itself. They should have talked. They didn't. It should have mattered. It didn't. What the two hearts were aching to hear should have been said. But it was as if the dead calm of the night had enveloped itself over everything. There was love but more hurt; there were feelings but strongly suppressed; there were they, supposed to be talking about things that perhaps meant the whole life to them, but instead engaged in their own soliloquies. Both of them wanted to ask questions, both of them wanted to answer some questions, but both of the let the time fly, quietly and uncomfortably. Many things remained unsaid, few insignificant things were spoken. What should have been, could have been. And what could have been, is not.

2 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Non communication. Caused by Fear.

I think fear is killer, Anoop. Fear of hearing what one doesn't want to hear. Fear of one's ego being shattered. Fear of saying the wrong things.

7:00 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

Well, the answer I think lies in, "There was love but more hurt". Why did I write it? I dont know. Perhaps I just wanted to see if I could write something intense. I am not sure if it came out that way. Perhaps not. But perhaps this is my stepping stone to writing some short stories.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home