Monday, August 01, 2005

First of all, GG and PP (lol isnt that rhyming so well), thanks a lot. :)

A quick update. I had some problem with my head. Wasnt a brain tumour, though that would have been a good news in that it would have laid my doubts to rest on whether or not I have brains. Anyway, so for 8 days, I could not sit infront of a computer because the headache would kill me. So I kept my interaction with the digital idiot box to the minimum.

Elsewhere in India, specially Mumbai, rains have devastated lives of millions. 37 inches of rain in a single day. That's a world record. And it followed with the complete destruction of India's biggest oil platform in Bombay High. It had caught fire after another vessel collided with it due to a high tide. Now I have personal memories attached with that platform. My father used to work there and I have been there, out in the middle of the sea, standing on the helipad, feeling on the top of the world. And that structure is no more.

But life has to move on.

P.S. -- Figment of imagination, now I would love to be that. ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger DCveR said...

Glad to know you are feeling better and that it was not a brain tumor. My guess would be that you do have a brain, mostly cuz you don't seem to show the obvious symptoms of the absence of one.
Monsoon season already? I thought that would be by September. My ignorance probably.
Already heard about that rig having caught fire, it's quite a loss.

3:02 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

glad youre back! like is said on my blog, i thought temple had eaten you!

3:43 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I was wondering what happened to you. People were asking for you in another post, saying you're MIA.

I'm sorry about the headaches...trying drinking lots of water, maybe it might help.

Yes, I read about the floods in our papers, but I didn't know it was so bad. I feel sorry for the people who've lost homes, families with loved ones gone.

P.S. I'm glad you have a brain.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Icylyrics said...

I'm glad to see your back, however don't spend too much time in front of the 'digital idiot box' you may get a real tumor next time. I say this in humor only.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Welcome back Anoop! (I guess I'm a little late, I've been out for a week...)

Hope everything is ok.

I heard about the rain. It's horrible how much damage water can do...

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home