Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Bastards

Main Entry: rape
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): raped; rapĀ·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Latin rapere1
a archaic : to seize and take away by force b : DESPOIL
2 : to commit rape on

Can anybody possibly define what rape means to a woman? Is it mere violation of a person? Is it just a physical suffering that a rape victim has to go through? It is a whole lot more than just those things. Since I am a man, I can perhaps never understand the trauma behind it, the mental scars that fail to heal even with time, the constant fear one has to live with. To live with a feeling that you have been violated despite all your resistance, that in itself is a very scary thought.

Well Delhi is not just the capital of India, it is the RAPE capital of India. You only have to google for "Rape" and "Delhi" to get a feel of the numbers I am talking about.

Here is a news item you can read....
Woman gangraped in moving carJuly 20, 2005 13:58 ISTA 22-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped on Wednesday in a movingcar in southwest Delhi.The victim was abducted from Mayapuri area and allegedly raped by fourmen in the vehicle. No arrests have been made, police sources said.A few months back, a Delhi University student was abducted from DhaulaKuan area and gang-raped in a moving car.Three of four accused in that case are yet to be apprehended.

7 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

The very thought of it terrifies me. I was going to walk to my cousin's home today. But after this? I'm going to drive or call a cab.

The very thought of another woman being raped makes me furious, horrified. What she must be going through.

I know, from the programmes I used to do for tv, that a lot of women go through severe depression afterwards, shame, self blame. I don't know how they heal, even with counselling.

4:01 PM  
Blogger piu piu said...

i couldnt think of anything more psychologically horrific happening to me

5:36 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

I'm not a woman, so I can't answer you that, but I do know what I would do to those guys if I had the chance, it's not postable, but I guess you know what I mean.

4:40 AM  
Blogger DCveR said...

I'm not a woman, so I can't answer you that, but I do know what I would do to those guys if I had the chance, it's not postable, but I guess you know what I mean.

4:40 AM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

Precisely.... bastards is a mild term for them and they deserve a punishment, that can not be posted.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Icylyrics said...

You seem extremely passionate about this issue. Yes it is horrible. Some of us know from personal exprience.

9:21 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

There are a lot many other things I feel very strongly about including killing animals. But unfortunately I can not do much about it. Similarly rape. It's a violation of an individual.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home