Tuesday, July 12, 2005

I love her

It had drizzled the whole day and as the night got darker, it had become extremely cold. As I closed the main gate I heard a voice from under the stairs. Alert, I went near the stairs and I noticed her. She was crying. Hungry perhaps I thought. I gave her some bread which she ate very quietly, actually furiously. Next day when I went out to fetch the newspaper, she was there, outside my door, sitting on the newspaper, shivering. She had a beautiful face and lovely eyes. And through her eyes she looked at me almost as if asking, please take care of me. But she was a social outcast. Worse my landlords immediately became aware of her presence. I wanted to help her and I knew I had to do it very secretly. Passing her the food, make sure she is healthy and fit, its been 3 days now. And ever since I found that pup outside my house on Saturday night, the bond between us has only strengthened. Its a stray pup. So what? I love her.

She has become more confident in my presence, perhaps her mother has died, and I took her for a walk yesterday evening. She enjoyed it. I have to make her realise that its her territory and that she need not be afraid of anyone. I have no experience with animals(dogs in particular) because either my mother never wanted it or now my wife does not like them. But now my wife has also started liking her.

And as I move ahead, I will need all the help in the world. Any tips?

18 Comments:

Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Your landlord does not want pets around the place?

5:26 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

Well as I said, its a stray one.

6:08 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Well, it's only stray until you take her in, take her to a vet to get shots and all that... after you adopt the pup it's no longer a stray pup, right?
So do it and we'll be tipping you through it!
:D

10:10 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Oh, tip number too: give her a name fast
:)

10:15 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

yes... Tip 2 I was thinking about. PLEASE SUGGEST A NAME.

11:19 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

What kind of dog? To me a dogs name must 'fit' either the look or the personality.

11:36 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Tara. Doesn't Tara mean 'princess'?

2:53 AM  
Blogger piu piu said...

peta. means firework in creole. we (me and my boyfriend) found an amazing little puppy on new years day in mauritius. we took it in, petted it. loved it, cleaned and fed it. then, at 5 in the morning it started whimpering and crying. so we let it in the room with us. it backed against the wall, and then shat all over it liquid poo. and then ran out the door and we never saw it again....

2:30 PM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Piu!!! HAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, it's funny.

But I ain't goin' to name no dog Peta after this, let me tell you!!!!

Tara.

Tara.

Tara.

But then Anoop, what does your little daugther say? [Can you tell her Tara means 'princess'?]

4:18 PM  
Blogger Icylyrics said...

I'm happy it seems you've made a new friend. I am a dog person, and over the years have mothered several strays..(even pets from time to time) A trip to the vet is in order, then make a decision if you are going to keep her. Since you are already loving her, that pretty much answers that question. Allow her to set the pace of your relationship as you don't know if she's been hurt or what type of environment she came from. Lots of love and moderate affection until you learn one another. Before you know it, she'll have the run of the house...lol

8:05 PM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

GG, Tara means a star.

Icy, Thanks a lot. :)

I am still having some problems with my landlords. :( Right now I am having it my way. Lets see. Next 1 week is crucial. Right now its pretty juvenile in its behaviour. And thats not working in its favour. I take her out in the evenings and train her. I do not know how to train a dog but being a compulsive discovery and animal planet watcher, I am doing my bit. This weekend, I will try to a vet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

9:41 PM  
Blogger DCveR said...

Athena
Helen
Isadora
Joana

All these names have the same common reason. Any of these would be suitable if she was mine...

12:30 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

See? I told you Tara means star!

You must keep that pup. Teach her to do to your landlord what Piu's pup did...

6:55 AM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

I will put these names forward to my daughter.

Princess errr... GG yep you did say Tara means a star ;)

11:31 AM  
Blogger neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Well...how's the little pup now?

1:47 AM  
Blogger F-ftOS said...

My owners are not really comfortable. They have kind of blocked its access to the place where it sleeps. As I said, this week will be crucial.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Icylyrics said...

Isadora is a beautiful name...I would give my daughter that name...Ill have to keep that one in my memory bank

10:35 AM  
Blogger jomama said...

Take it one day at at time.

You'll figure it out.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home